Today marks the first installment of our Creme de la Crop feature; a selection of some of our favorite, standout product within a given category. Today we focus on wedges, a spring footwear staple that can meander through both daily casual and dressier affairs. They are the ideal accompaniment for tapered trousers (as well as soft trousers, see Friday's SF Obsession) and provide height with a bit more stability than a stiletto. Read on for a rundown of the wedges that made our list!
- Dolce Vita Mariel ($135) - These strappy sandals have a small wedge that give slight elevation and provide a sturdy foundation. We'd pair them with a breezy summer dress or mini-skirt.
- Elizabeth and James Swoon Wedge ($425) - These wedges were aptly named "Swoon", because they make us do just that. Pair them with sleek trousers for an editor-worthy look.
- Frye Corina Campus ($178) - The Frye Corina Campus wedges come in a lovely and versatile teal color. They'll provide pop to a neutral palette, but don't be scared to pair them with a brighter color like fuschia or yellow.
- Pour La Victore Tula ($305) - If you're in search for a fashion-forward pair to go with your LBD, these are for you. The gold stud hardware give them tough, sexy appeal.
- Aldo Kanae ($60) - We love the t-strap design and neutral taupe color. They will go with everything!
- Sam Edelman Katrice ($160) - Like us, you may have drooled over Alexander Wang's leopard wedges on the Spring 2010 runway. These are a more affordable alternative that have the same stylish affect.
- Sam Edelman Divine ($100) - These laceup flat wedges will look cute with shorts this summer.